Interesting Facts about Puccini
Unusual and interesting facts, information and trivia on famous composers from our collection of interesting facts about Puccini. The life and times of Puccini. Perfect for fast homework help on facts about famous composers that is suitable for kids, children and adults.
Did you Know? List of Interesting Facts about Puccini
Facts are statements which are held to be true and often contrasted with opinions and beliefs. Our unusual and interesting facts about Puccini, trivia and information, including some useful details of facts about the life events of this famous composer will fascinate everyone from kids and children to adults. Interesting Facts about this famous classical composer and musician are as follows:
- Fact 1 - Accomplishments and reasons Puccini is famous: Classical Composer and musician - he was one of the leading Romantic Period Composers
- Fact 2 - Date of Birth: Puccini was born on December 22, 1858
- Fact 3 - Place of Birth: Lucca, Tuscany, Italy
- Fact 4 - Full Name: Giacomo Puccini aka Giacomo Antonio Domenico Michele Secondo Maria Puccini
- Fact 5 - Lifespan: 1858-1924
- Fact 6 - Name of mother and father: His parents names were Michelle Puccini (father) and Albina Puccini
- Fact 7 - Family background: Five generations of his family were musicians and church organists. His father was organist and choirmaster of the Cathedral of San Martino, director of the Instituto Pacini
- Fact 8 - Childhood and education: His father died when he was 6 years old and his uncle ensured that he continued his music studies.
- Fact 9 - Puccini he became a choirboy at San Martino and San Michele and at the age of 14 he began to play organ for the convent church - his wages helped to support his family
- Fact 10 - Puccini enrolled in the Milan Conservatory and was taught by Ponchielli and Brazzini
- Fact 11 - Puccini met with great success with Le Villi and received further commissions
- Fact 12 - Puccini eloped with Elvira Gemingnani, the wife of a former school friend, in 1894she bore Puccini a son, Antonio. The couple eventually married in 1904 but Puccini was never a faithful husband
- Fact 13 - The famous operas composed by Giacomo Puccini include La bohème, Tosca, Madama Butterfly, and Turandot
- Fact 14 - Puccini was hailed as the true musical heir to Verdi
- Fact 15 - His work entitled "Turandot" which was left unfinished when Puccini died. "Turandot" was completed by Franco Alfano. The aria "Nessun dorma" from Turandot is one of his most famous pieces
- Fact 16 - Date of Death: Giacomo Puccini died on November 29, 1924 in Brussels, Belgium. He had been diagnosed with throat cancer
- Fact 17 - His types of compositions and works included operas, orchestral music and chamber music
- Fact 18 - His music lives on and the musical works of Puccini include the following:
- Le villi
Gianni Schicchi including "O mio babbino caro"
La Bohème including "Che gelida manina"
La fanciulla del West" (The Girl of the Golden West)
Turandot including the aria "Nessun dorma"
Facts about Puccini
We have included a selection of trivia and interesting facts about Puccini which we hope will be of help with homework about famous composers. Most of these interesting facts about Puccini are quite amazing and some are little known pieces of trivia about the life and times of Puccini! Many of these interesting and random pieces of information on this famous composer and musician will help you increase your knowledge on the subject of Puccini.