Did you Know? List of Interesting Facts about Garages
Facts are statements which are held to be true and often contrasted with opinions and beliefs. Our unusual and interesting facts about Garages, trivia and information, including some useful statistics will fascinate everyone from interested in the home.
Garages are now considered an essential part of domestic properties across the globe and they come in all shapes and sizes. Some are detached whilst others have bedrooms built above and connect directly to the house. Garage doors also come in many different styles and colours. Here are a few facts about garages and garage doors! Interesting Facts about Garages are as follows:
- FACT 1 - 53% of households in the UK have access to a garage.
- FACT 2 – Only 24% of those who have access to a garage actually use them to park their cars in overnight.
- FACT 3 - The average garage conversion costs between £8,000 and £10,000.
- FACT 4 – Most popularly garages are converted into offices and workshops.
- FACT 5 – The most popular colours for garage doors are brown, blue and white.
- FACT 6 – Roller garage doors have now overtaken the up and over style door as the most popular in the UK.
- FACT 7 – Garages are used for storage in more instances than they are used for parking the car
- FACT 8 – The word garage originates from the French word ‘garer’ which means ‘to shelter’.
- FACT 9 – The word garage first entered the English dictionary in 1902
Facts about Garages
We have included a selection of trivia and interesting facts about Garages which we hope will be of help with your home. Most of these interesting facts about Garages are quite amazing and some are little known pieces of trivia! Many of these interesting and random pieces of information and fast facts about Garages and info will help you increase your knowledge on the subject of Garages.