Did you Know? List of Interesting Facts about Graphic Design
Facts are statements which are held to be true and often contrasted with opinions and beliefs. Our unusual and interesting facts about Graphic Design, trivia and information, including some useful statistics will fascinate everyone from interested in the home. Graphic design is the art of designing and embellishing literature such as brochures, printed materials such as business cards and digital media such as websites. The design is usually always driven with a particular purpose in mind and for a particular audience. In the 20th century graphic design was almost exclusively limited to physical material, such as glossy catalogues, billboards and corporate brochure designs, but since the emergence of web 2.0 the virtual world has taken centre stage and now graphic designers mostly specialise in web based artwork. Interesting Facts about Graphic Design are as follows:
- FACT 1 - The term 'graphic design" was first used by William Addison Dwiggins in 1922
- FACT 2 - Typography is performed by people known as typesetters. Until recently typography was a specialised occupation but the digital era took its toll.
- FACT 3 – On average it will cost you £450 to get a corporate brochure design completed.
- FACT 4 – Logos, brochures, catalogues, websites and signage can all be graphically designed.
- FACT 5 – The word graphic means to ‘give a clear picture’.
- FACT 6 – It is estimated that there are over 4000 graphic design companies in the UK
- FACT 7 – The first computer based graphic design tools were used in the 1980’s.
- FACT 8 – ½ of all UK business will use the services of a graphic design agency at some point during their lifetime
- FACT 9 – ‘Graphic designer’ is in the list of top 25 jobs that young people want to have.
Facts about Graphic Design
We have included a selection of trivia and interesting facts about Graphic Design which we hope will be of help with your home. Most of these interesting facts about Graphic Design are quite amazing and some are little known pieces of trivia! Many of these interesting and random pieces of information and fast facts about Graphic Design and info will help you increase your knowledge on the subject of Graphic Design.