Did you Know? List of Interesting Facts about Marijuana
Facts are statements which are held to be true and often contrasted with opinions and beliefs. Our unusual and interesting facts about Marijuana, trivia and information, including some useful statistics will fascinate everyone from kids and children to adults. Interesting Facts about Marijuana are as follows:
- Fact 1 - Definition: A dried greenish-brown drug obtained from the leaves or flowers of the the female hemp plant called Cannabis sativa . This drug is usually smoked but can be eaten and produces intoxicating effects of physical and/or psychic changes
- Fact 2 - Marijuana is the common name for species of the genus Cannabis.
- Fact 3 - The main psychoactive ingredient in Marijuana is THC.
- Fact 4 - Cannabis is a herb that can grow to be 20 feet tall in a short period of four to six months.
- Fact 5 - Marijuana is the most widely used illegal drug in America
- Fact 6 - It is used by an estimated 28% of adults between the ages of 18 and 25. Of those users 10% are women
- Fact 7 - Hashish (hash) is derived from the sticky resin of the female plant flowers
- Fact 8 - Marijuana produces effects such as a dry mouth, Glassy, red eyes; loud talking, rapid heartbeat, expanding blood vessels, a loss basic motor skills, inability to articulate thoughts, difficulty approaching complex tasks, laughing fits and an urge to eat
- Fact 9 - Marijuana is also known as weed, pot, grass, dope, ganja, mary jane and hash
- Fact 10 - Marijuana is usually used in the form of a cigarette called a joint or a reefer
- Fact 11 - The drug can also be smoked in a water pipe, called a bong
- Fact 12 - Cannabis is illegal to consume, use, possess, cultivate, transfer or trade in most countries
- Fact 13 - Medicinal use of cannabis is legal in a number of countries, including Belgium, Canada, the Netherlands, Israel and 14 states of the United States.
- Fact 14 - The most common form of consumption involves taking the marijuana plant, rolling it in paper soaked in PCP, and inhaling deeply
- Fact 15 - A major risks of marijuana is that it can lead to experimenting with other 'harder' drugs
- Fact 16 - Marijuana is more physically addictive than heroin. Addiction can become hazard to your health, drug rehab facilities are always available to provide information.
- Fact 17 - Hashish, or hash, is made by taking the resin from the leaves and flowers of the marijuana plant and pressing it into cakes or slabs. Hash is usually stronger than marijuana and contains more THC
It is necessary to undergo drug withdrawal treatment especially if an individual has been
abusing certain illicit drugs for a long time.
Facts about Marijuana
We have included a selection of trivia and interesting facts about Marijuana which we hope will be of help with homework. Most of these interesting facts about Marijuana are quite amazing and some are little known pieces of trivia! Many of these interesting and random pieces of information and fun facts about Marijuana and info will help you increase your knowledge on the subject of Marijuana.