Did you Know? List of Interesting Facts about God
Facts are statements which are held to be true and often contrasted with opinions and beliefs. Our unusual and interesting facts, trivia and information, including some useful statistics will fascinate everyone from kids and children to adults. Interesting Facts are as follows:
- Fact 1 - God is believed to be the supernatural creator and overseer of the universe.
- Fact 2 - God is believed to have infinite knowledge, unlimited power and goodness and is present everywhere.
- Fact 3 - These attributes are supported by people of the early Jewish, Christian and Muslim faiths
- Fact 4 - In the Christian religion, a definition of God is the eternal being that created and preserves the universe.
- Fact 5 - In the Islamic religion God (Arabic Allah) is an all-powerful and all-knowing creator, sustainer, ordainer and judge of the universe.
- Fact 6 - In the Christian religion God is understood as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- Fact 7 - The Holy Trinity - God, the Father, is supreme; that Jesus, although still divine Lord and Savior, is the Son of God; and that the Holy Spirit is God's will on Earth
- Fact 8 - Bible is believed to be the inspired word of God, Godís message to humanity.
- Fact 9 - The word "God" appears in every book of the Bible except Esther and Song of Solomon
- Fact 10 - In the Bible the word "God" occurs 4,370 times, the word "Jehovah" occurs 6,855 times
and the word "Lord" occurs 7,736 times
- Fact 11 - The word Religion comes from Latin 'religare' meaning 'to bind', describes our connection to God as the One thing which exists.
- Fact 12 - Most believers allow for the existence of other, less powerful spiritual beings, and give them names such as angels, saints and demons
- Facts 13 - Monotheism holds the belief that there is only one God, and/or that the one true God is worshipped in different religions under different names.
- Facts 14 - Deism holds that God exists, but does not intervene in the world, answer prayers or cause miracles to occur.
- Facts 15 - Theism holds that God is simultaneously infinite but also present in the affairs of the world.
Facts about God
We have included an interesting selection of trivia facts about God which we hope will be of interest Most of these trivia facts about God are quite amazing and some are little known! Many of these little known and random pieces of information and facts about God and info will help you increase your knowledge of this subject.