Did you Know? List of Interesting Facts about Jesus
Facts are statements which are held to be true and often contrasted with opinions and beliefs. Our unusual and interesting facts about Jesus, trivia and information, including some useful statistics will fascinate everyone from kids and children to adults. Interesting Facts about Jesus are as follows:
- Fact 1 - The gospel of the evangelist Matthew tells us that "Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea (now Palestine) in the days of Herod the king."
- Fact 2 - Bethlehem was in Judea which was a Roman province
- Fact 3 - Mary and Joseph had to travel approximately 90 miles from Nazareth, in Galilee, to Bethlehem, in Judea, in order to take part in the Roman census.
- Fact 4 - Jesus was born nearly two thousand years ago, long before accurate records were kept or birth certificates given.
- Fact 5 - Nobody knows for sure on which day Jesus was born. The 25th December was chosen in order to substitute the Christian festival for the Roman festival of Saturnalia.
- Fact 6 - According to the old Roman date system the year of the birth of Jesus Christ has been suggested as in the year of Rome 749 this dating system was later replaced by the Anno Domini era.
- Fact 7 - The Nativity was placed as AD 1.
- Fact 8 - story of the Three Wise Men who played an important part in the story of the Nativity is commonly referred to as the Adoration of the Magi.
- Fact 9 - Jesus' childhood home was the town of Nazareth in Galilee.
- Fact 10 - Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist. Elizabeth, mother of John the Baptist, was a "cousin" or "relative" of Mary the mother of Jesus
- Fact 11 - Jesus started to preach when he was about 30 years of age.
- Fact 12 - The 12 disciples were the students of Jesus during his ministry
- Fact 13 - These disciples of Jesus are referred to as Apostles after the death of Jesus, when they moved on to become missionaries.
- Fact 14 - The most famous teachings come from the Sermon on the Mount, which contains the Lord's Prayer. Jesus used parables, such as the Parable of the Prodigal Son and the Parable of the Good Samaritan in his teachings. A parable is a short, succinct story that illustrates a moral or religious lesson.
- Fact 15 - He performed many miracles. A miracle is an unexpected, supernatural event attributed to divine intervention.
- Fact 16 - Jesus foretold his own death and resurrection
- Fact 17 - He exposed the hypocrisies of the scribes and Pharisees in Jerusalem.
- Fact 18 - He was betrayed and apprehended in the garden of Gethsemane
- Fact 19 - He had a series of trials before Caiaphas (in Jerusalem), before the council (in Jerusalem) from where he was sent to Pontius Pilate who referred to Herod Antipas and finally tried in front of Pilate.
- Fact 20 - He was crucified at Golgotha, Calvary just outside Jerusalem
- Fact 21 - He arose from the dead (the Resurrection)
- Fact 22 - He ascended to heaven in Bethany, Galilee (the Ascension)
Facts about Jesus
We have included an interesting selection of trivia facts about Jesus which we hope will be of interest Most of these trivia facts about Jesus are quite amazing and some are little known! Many of these little known and random pieces of information and fun facts about Jesus and info will help you increase your knowledge of this subject. See the Life of Jesus for additional information