Did you Know? List of Interesting Facts about
Facts are statements which are held to be true and often
contrasted with opinions and beliefs. Our unusual and
interesting facts about Moses, trivia and information, including
some useful statistics will fascinate everyone from kids and
children to adults. Interesting Facts about Moses
are as follows:
- Fact 1 - He was born to the tribe
of Levi of the Israelites. His mother was Jochebed, the wife of
the Levite Amram.
- Fact 2 - His family lived in the
land of Goshen which was part of Egypt.
- Fact 3 - The Egyptian pharoah
decreed that the male children of the Israelites should be
- Fact 4 - His mother placed her baby
boy in a basket and set it afloat on the Nile river, near to the
palace of the Egyptian royal family.
- Fact 5 - She sent her 12 year old
daughter, miriam, to watch where the basket floated.
- Fact 6 - It was found in some
bulrushes by the sister of the Pharaoh. She believed that the
baby had been given to her by a Pagan Egyptian god and accepted
him as her son.
- Fact 7 - She named him "Moses," a
word that means "Drawn out," because he was drawn out of the
water and he lived his life as a member of the Egyptian royal
- Fact 8 - Moses discovered his true
identity and became an enemy of the Pharaoh
- Fact 9 - Moses left Egypt, into a
country in Arabia called Midian.
- Fact 10 - He met and married a
shepherd girl, the daughter of a man named Jethro, who was a
priest in the land of Midian.
- Fact 11 - Moses encountered the
burning bush at Mount Sinai
- Fact 12 - He went back to Egypt as
God's messenger and leader to the Israelites
- Fact 13 - Moses demanded that the
pharoah released the Israelites from Egypt. He refused and
various plagues visited the Egyptians.
- Fact 14 - Pharaoh released the
Israelites who followed Moses to the 'Promised Land'. But his
heart hardened and Pharoah sent his army after the Israelites.
- Fact 15 - The army followed them to
the Red Sea where God divided the waters so that the Hebrews
passed safely across on dry ground. When the Egyptians tried to
follow them God permitted the waters to return upon them and
- Fact 16 - Moses then led the
Israelites to Mount Sinai, where God gave them
the Ten Commandments
- Fact 17 - Many of the Israelites
had made an image of a calf out of gold to worship and were
punished by having to wander through the desert for 40 years
- Fact 18 - Moses died in Midian
before his people reached the Promised Land
Facts about Moses
We have included an
interesting selection of trivia facts about Moses which we hope
will be of interest Most of these trivia facts about Moses are quite
amazing and some are little known! Many
of these little known and random pieces of information and fun facts about Moses and info
will help you increase your knowledge of this subject.