Did you Know? List of Interesting Facts about St Michael
Facts are statements which are held to be true and often contrasted with opinions and beliefs. Our unusual and interesting facts about St Michael, trivia and information, including some useful statistics will fascinate everyone from kids and children to adults. Click the following link for Facts, information and biographies of all the Saints. Interesting Facts about St Michael are as follows:
- Fact 1 - Saint Michael, known as Michael the Archangel
- Fact 2 - He is regarded as the patron and protector of the Christian Church, because he remained faithful to God, and defeated Lucifer
- Fact 3 - He is the Patron Saint of Paratroopers, Police officers, Mariners, Grocers, the sick and Paramedics.
- Fact 4 - Memorial Day / Feast Day of Saint Michael: September 29
- Fact 5 - He smote the rebel Lucifer in the conflict of the heavenly hosts
- Fact 6 - Referred to as the captain of the armies of God
- Fact 7 - He appears in Holy Scripture as the guardian of the children of Israel
- Fact 8 - He prepared for their return from the Persian captivity
- Fact 9 - He led the Maccabees to victory
- Fact 10 - He rescued the body of Moses from the grasp of the devil
- Fact 11 - Prophecy - when Antichrist shall have set up his kingdom on earth, it is Michael who will unfurl the standard of the Cross, sound the last trumpet, and binding together the false prophet and the beast, hurl them for all eternity into the burning pool.
- Fact 12 - Saint Michael the Archangel is represented in Christian Art as a beautiful young man, winged, clad in armour, and with sword and shield combating the dragon.
Facts about St Michael
We have included an interesting selection of trivia facts about St Michael which we hope will be of interest Most of these trivia facts about St Michael are quite amazing and some are little known! Many of these little known and random pieces of information and fun facts about St Michael and info will help you increase your knowledge of this subject.