Did you Know? List of Interesting Facts about St Peter
Facts are statements which are held to be true and often contrasted with opinions and beliefs. Our unusual and interesting facts about St Peter, trivia and information, including some useful statistics will fascinate everyone from kids and children to adults. Click the following link for Facts, information and biographies of all the Saints. Interesting Facts about St Peter are as follows:
- Fact 1 - He is known as Saint Peter the Apostle
- Fact 2 - He is the Patron Saint of Fishermen
- Fact 3 - He was born at Bethsaida, near the Sea of Galilee
- Fact 4 - His name was originally Simon
- Fact 5 - Andrew, the brother of Simon Peter, was first a follower of John the Baptist and then became the first apostle of Jesus
- Fact 6 - Andrew introduced Simon Peter to Jesus
- Fact 7 - The name Peter, meaning 'rock', was selected by Jesus to indicate the he would be the rock-like foundation on which the Church would be built.
- Fact 8 - Peter was a faithful follower of Jesus although at the Last Supper Jesus predicted that Peter would deny him three times following his death saying
"Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice."
- Fact 9 - At the time of the arrest of Jesus, Peter cut off the ear of a servant of the high priest but then went on, as predicted, to deny that he knew Jesus three times
- Fact 10 - Peter became a missionary and returned to Rome in 63/64AD
- Fact 11 - In 64 AD the Roman Emperor Nero set fire to Rome and blamed the Christians for its destruction
- Fact 12 - He was one of the Christians who was arrested and was sentenced to death by crucifixion.
- Fact 13 - He died on in A.D. 64 when he was crucified with his head downwards because he did not consider himself worthy to die in the same manner and posture as Jesus
Facts about St Peter
We have included an interesting selection of trivia facts about St Peter which we hope will be of interest Most of these trivia facts about St Peter are quite amazing and some are little known! Many of these little known and random pieces of information and fun facts about St Peter and info will help you increase your knowledge of this subject.