Did you Know? List of Interesting Facts about Indians Alabama
Facts are statements which are held to be true and often contrasted with opinions and beliefs. Our unusual and interesting facts about Indians of Alabama, trivia and information, including some useful statistics will fascinate everyone from kids and children to adults. Facts about Indians and interesting Facts about Indians Alabama are as follows:
- Fact 1 - Alabama is a state in the south-eastern United States on the Gulf of Mexico. The indigenous people of Alabama included various tribes of Native Americans
- Fact 2 - South-eastern tribes were hunters and gatherers and lived in states including Louisiana, Georgia and Alabama.
- Fact 3 - The Alabama Indians were originally from Mississippi and members of the Muscogee Creek Confederacy. The Alabama tribe first encountered Europeans when Hernando de Soto arrived in 1540
- Fact 4 - The Tunica - Biloxi Indians inhabited an area near the coast of the Gulf of Mexico - Mississippi. They were eventually forced west into Louisiana and eastern Texas.
- Fact 5 - The Cherokee Indians are members of an Iroquoian people formerly living in the Appalachian Mountains but now chiefly in Oklahoma
- Fact 6 - The Chickasaw Indians of the Muskhogean people formerly living in northern Mississippi
- Fact 7 - The Choctaw Indians of central and southern Mississippi and southwest Alabama, with present-day populations in Mississippi and southeast Oklahoma
- Fact 8 - The Koasati Indians members of the Muskhogean people formerly living in northern Alabamawho belonged to the the Creek Confederacy
- Fact 9 - The Creek (Muskogee) Indians tribe of Indians were members of the Creek Confederacy formerly living in eastern Alabama, southwest Georgia, and northwest Florida and are now located in central Oklahoma and southern Alabama. The Creek received their name from white traders because so many of their villages were located by rivers and creeks. The Creeks were removed to Indian Territory in the 1830s.
Creek Indians meeting Benjamin Hawkins, a US Indian Agent, who established the Creek Agency
- Fact 10 - The Yuchi tribe of Indians were later occupants of Alabama. The Yuchi tribe of Indians originally lived in the eastern Tennessee River valley in Tennessee. They were were decimated from extensive epidemics of new infectious diseases and warfare from other tribes. During the 17th century, they moved south to Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina. They were included in the Creek confederacy for political reasons in the 19th century
Yuchi Native Amerucan
- Fact 11 - The Alabama or Alibamu are a South-eastern culture people of Indians
- Fact 12 - Alabama 1805 - 1806 - (Choctaw) and northern (Chickasaw and Cherokee) Indian cessions open up land to white settlement
- Fact 13 - 1813 - 1814 - The Creek Indian War - At the start of the 1500's the Creeks occupied nearly all of southeast United States
- Fact 14 - 1836 - 1837 - The Second Creek War (Seminole War) in which Creek warriors were defeated at Hobdy's Bridge South Alabama
- Fact 15 - 1832-1839 - Removal of the Seminole, Cherokee, Chickasaw, Choctaw and Creek Indians, known as the "Five Civilized Tribes", to Indian Territory
- Fact 16 - The Choctaw (alternatively spelt as Chato and Chocktaw) are a Native American tribe originally from the South-eastern United States (Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, and Louisiana).
- Fact 17 - The Alabama tribe migrated from Alabama and Mississippi to the area of Texas in the late 18th century
- Fact 18 - The Creek Confederacy: The Creek Confederacy was a Native American Indian confederacy organized by the Muskogee tribes that dominated the southeastern part of the United States before being removed to Oklahoma. Muskhogean is a family of North American Indian languages spoken in the south-eastern United States.
Facts about Native Americans Alabama
We have included a selection of trivia and interesting facts about Indians of Alabama which we hope will be of help with homework. Most of these interesting facts about Indians Alabama are quite amazing and some are little known pieces of trivia! Many of these interesting and random pieces of information and fun facts about Indians Alabama and info will help you increase your knowledge on the subject of Indians Alabama.