Did you Know? List of Interesting Facts about Moses
Facts are statements which are held to be true and often contrasted with opinions and beliefs. Our unusual and interesting facts about Moses, trivia and information, including some useful statistics will fascinate everyone from kids and children to adults. Interesting Facts about Moses are as follows:
- Fact 1 - He was born to the tribe of Levi of the Israelites. His mother was Jochebed, the wife of the Levite Amram.
- Fact 2 - His family lived in the land of Goshen which was part of Egypt.
- Fact 3 - The Egyptian pharoah decreed that the male children of the Israelites should be killed.
- Fact 4 - His mother placed her baby boy in a basket and set it afloat on the Nile river, near to the palace of the Egyptian royal family.
- Fact 5 - She sent her 12 year old daughter, miriam, to watch where the basket floated.
- Fact 6 - It was found in some bulrushes by the sister of the Pharaoh. She believed that the baby had been given to her by a Pagan Egyptian god and accepted him as her son.
- Fact 7 - She named him "Moses," a word that means "Drawn out," because he was drawn out of the water and he lived his life as a member of the Egyptian royal family
- Fact 8 - Moses discovered his true identity and became an enemy of the Pharaoh
- Fact 9 - Moses left Egypt, into a country in Arabia called Midian.
- Fact 10 - He met and married a shepherd girl, the daughter of a man named Jethro, who was a priest in the land of Midian.
- Fact 11 - Moses encountered the burning bush at Mount Sinai
- Fact 12 - He went back to Egypt as God's messenger and leader to the Israelites
- Fact 13 - Moses demanded that the pharoah released the Israelites from Egypt. He refused and various plagues visited the Egyptians.
- Fact 14 - Pharaoh released the Israelites who followed Moses to the 'Promised Land'. But his heart hardened and Pharoah sent his army after the Israelites.
- Fact 15 - The army followed them to the Red Sea where God divided the waters so that the Hebrews passed safely across on dry ground. When the Egyptians tried to follow them God permitted the waters to return upon them and drown them.
- Fact 16 - Moses then led the Israelites to Mount Sinai, where God gave them the Ten Commandments
- Fact 17 - Many of the Israelites had made an image of a calf out of gold to worship and were punished by having to wander through the desert for 40 years
- Fact 18 - Moses died in Midian before his people reached the Promised Land
Facts about Moses
We have included an interesting selection of trivia facts about Moses which we hope will be of interest Most of these trivia facts about Moses are quite amazing and some are little known! Many of these little known and random pieces of information and fun facts about Moses and info will help you increase your knowledge of this subject.