Did you Know? List of Interesting Facts about Plants
Facts are statements which are held to be true and often contrasted with opinions and beliefs. Our unusual and interesting facts about Plants, trivia and information, including some useful statistics will fascinate everyone from kids and children to adults. Interesting Facts about Plants are as follows:
- Fact 1 - Definition: A living organism lacking the power of voluntary motion and generally without feeling
- Fact 2 - Plants are divided by their structure and methods of reproduction into two series, phaenogamous or flowering plants, which have true flowers and seeds, and cryptogamous or flowerless plants, which have no flowers, and reproduce by minute one-celled spores
- Fact 3 - In both series are minute and simple forms and others of great size and complexity
- Fact 4 - In relation to nutrition plants may be considered as self-supporting or dependent.
- Fact 5 - Self-supporting plants always contain chlorophyll, and subsist on air and moisture and the matter dissolved in moisture, and as a general rule they excrete oxygen, and use the carbonic acid to
combine with water and form the material for their tissues.
- Fact 6 - Dependent plants comprise all fungi and many flowering plants of a parasitic or saprophytic nature. As a rule, they have no chlorophyll, and subsist mainly or wholly on matter already organized, thus utilizing carbon compounds already existing, and not excreting oxygen.
- Fact 7 - There are plants which are partly dependent and partly self-supporting.
- Fact 8 - movements of climbing plants, of some insectivorous plants may be considered a kind
of voluntary motion.
- Fact 9 - The parts of a plant are the leaves, flowers, stems, roots and seeds
- Fact 10 - A seed contains its own food supply, which helps the sprouting plant grow
- Fact 11 - Buds are small swellings from which a shoot, leaf, or flower usually develops
- Fact 12 - Stems usually continue to grow upward above the ground and bear leaves in a pattern along the stem
- Fact 13 - Roots help to anchor plants and give them support
- Fact 14 - The parts of a flower are Pistils, stamens, stigmas, anthers, petals, and sepals
Facts about Plants
We have included a selection of trivia and interesting facts about Plants which we hope will be of help with homework. Most of these interesting facts about Plants are quite amazing and some are little known pieces of trivia! Many of these interesting and random pieces of information and fun facts about Plants and info will help you increase your knowledge on the subject of Plants.